helps manage my rig , 3 amps, 2 effects loops, 1 pedal

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
zangiamit91

helps manage my rig , 3 amps, 2 effects loops, 1 pedal

Post by zangiamit91 »

hey all , i have GCX and GCP system , and i try to make it more "smart"

i have Mesa Boogie mark 5, Carvin Legacy 2 and Marshall JMP1 with mono power amp
1 TC Gforce and 1 TC Gmajor

i have TS9 that i put first in the chain (now in Loop 1) for boost
i wants to play over 3 of them in the same time or each one different, i know that for play from 3 of them together i need ABY, so i can leave it for now by disable this option and still play from 3 of them differently.

until here it's not really problem, but the effects loops is the problem.
i want to make the tc g force loop for the mesa and the legacy, i notice that i connect them 1 for L and the other one to R it's not get the same mix of effects so it's not option.
i need that i play from the mesa or the legacy they goes to mono input/output to gforce and when 1 of the amp is play thru the other amp get the stereo output. for example - when i play from the mesa , the mesa need over by mono input/output from the G force , and the legacy will be the Slave for Stereo rig and the opposite. the jmp can get the gmajor for himself and dont need to be stereo output.
and of curse the ts need be front of every amp that i wants.

any suggestions?

nyteowl

Re: helps manage my rig , 3 amps, 2 effects loops, 1 pedal

Post by nyteowl »

That's quite a rig and, unfortunately, I don't believe a single GCX offers enough loops or is even capable of doing what you want to do. But to get you started...

With the TS9 in Loop 1, you'll need to split the feed from the Loop 1 Out three ways, feed them to the In jacks of Loops 2, 3, and 4 and run cables from the Send jacks of those loops to the Input jacks of your three amps. This will allow you to play any amp individually or any combination of amps by activating/deactivating their respective loops.

As for the G-Major, I'd suggest running it in Loop 8. Connect the JMP1 FX Send to the In jack, the Send/Return jacks to the G-Major Mono In/Out jacks and the Out jack to the JMP-1 FX Return. Activating/deactivating Loop 8 will add/subtract the G-Major FX to your JMP-1 signal.

Now for the real problem. If I understand correctly, what you want is these three options:

1. Use the Mark 5 as your primary signal source, and feed that signal to the Left/Mono input of the G-Force with the Right channel Output of the G-Force going to the Legacy, or;

2. Use the Legacy as your primary signal source, and feed that signal to the Left/Mono input of the G-Force with the Right channel Output of the G-Force going to the Mark 5, or;

3. Run both amps together with Stereo G-Force effects.

I can think of no possible way to accomplish all this with a GCX. The only device on the market I can think of capable of doing that is a Sound Sculpture Switchblade GL, which is totally programmable.

Hope this helped...

For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

zangiamit91

Post by zangiamit91 »

thank you very much man =] i thought that it's really complicated route , and i thing the Switchblade will be the best for me , but it's really expensive ! mybe the Switchblade 8B audio routing system is more "friendly" price but it's cost like another amp so maybe i will stand with small rig for now until i really want to do that change.

i just thought about smaller alternative like mini mixer that controll via midi, that i change the programs with the GCX the mixer will change the route himself and then feed the amps ti the geforce . there is any idea for something like that?

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl »

The thing you need to watch out for is "mixing" the preamp signals coming out of the two amps' FX Send jacks when you send them to the G-Force, because that will result in sending the "mixed" signals back to the two amps' respective FX Returns, which will wreak havoc with your tone and possibly damage your gear.

It might actually be more cost effective - and safer - for you to use a second G-Force.
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.