Micro Vibe Hiss

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
curnla

Micro Vibe Hiss

Post by curnla »

I purchased a Micro Vibe new in September of this year. I am operating it on an SKB 45 powered pedalboard with power to the pedal supplied by that unit. No matter what position I place the Micro Vibe in in my effects chain, the hiss is unbearable. Because of this I really never use it. Today, I took it off of my board and ran it alone. It didn't make one bit of difference. The hiss is still there. I use one of two amps, a Fender Blues Jr. or a Carvin Vintage 16. My guitars are a Fender Custom Shop Strat, and a new Gibson Les Paul Standard. Again no difference, still the hiss.

Any feedback from you would be helpful. I really like the effect but it isn't doing me any good if I can't use it due to the noise. I wrote Customer Service and will send it back for a refund if necessary. They suggested that I try here until they can get to looking into it themselves.

James Santiago

Re: Micro Vibe Hiss

Post by James Santiago »

curnla wrote:I purchased a Micro Vibe new in September of this year. I am operating it on an SKB 45 powered pedalboard with power to the pedal supplied by that unit. No matter what position I place the Micro Vibe in in my effects chain, the hiss is unbearable. Because of this I really never use it. Today, I took it off of my board and ran it alone. It didn't make one bit of difference. The hiss is still there. I use one of two amps, a Fender Blues Jr. or a Carvin Vintage 16. My guitars are a Fender Custom Shop Strat, and a new Gibson Les Paul Standard. Again no difference, still the hiss.

Any feedback from you would be helpful. I really like the effect but it isn't doing me any good if I can't use it due to the noise. I wrote Customer Service and will send it back for a refund if necessary. They suggested that I try here until they can get to looking into it themselves.
Guess you can ignore my response to this in the other thread.

So, are you getting your overdrive sounds from the amp? And, I looked into the SKB. It says "protected" DC outs which isn't that same as isolated power. While it doesn't show it, I'll have to assume there is a small switching wall wart that plugs into that board? When you tried the MicroVibe alone, did you still have it plugged into that SKB unit or on the battery that came with it?

JS
James Santiago
Vice President - Voodoo Lab