Setting up 8 Instant Access switches

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
tcooley@mac.com

Setting up 8 Instant Access switches

Post by tcooley@mac.com »

I follow instructions to set up Instant Access bottom #1 (IA1) and hit edit then yes to go out. It works and holds the IA1 CC number until I try to set up the next switch (IA2) then I lose both of them. During the process, it never asks me if I want to save Y/N?. What am I missing here?

Also, is there any way to get the GCP to start at Bank/Preset A1 instead of 11?

Thanks for your help with setting up the presets, I finally got it working right.

Thanks, Tim

JohnClark

Re: Setting up 8 Instant Access switches

Post by JohnClark »

Instant Access buttons are programmed in the Setup Mode. Their state is programmed with the preset. Are you saying that the MIDI Channel and CC# you assign changes without editing anything in Setup Mode? What are you setting it to? What does the screen say when you go back to look at the button assignment?
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

tcooley@mac.com

Post by tcooley@mac.com »

Never Mind. I finally figured it out. Thanks for your guidance

? Also (and unrelated), can I make it so that when the GCP is turned on, it goes straight to preset A1 instead of preset 01?

? How do I switch the GCP from one MIDI channel to another so as to control a second MIDI device?

? Is is possible to have the GCP control the 11 Rack on MIDI channel 1 and then have it send a whole new set of instructions on MIDI channel 2 to the same device (assuming you could set the device to accept instructions over multiple channels}?

Thanks for your help (and patients)
Tim

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

The Ground Control Pro will always start off in Bank 0. Enabling more devices within the Ground Control Pro will allow you to send on multiple MIDI channels.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------