a new pedal-rack...

Share pictures of your racks and pedalboards featuring Voodoo Lab products.
LABANA

Re: a new pedal-rack...

Post by LABANA »

Cool Man thanx!...

I'm going out of my Senheizer receiver so the output is already buffered,

I don't need to go thru that input right!?

I go direct on the first loop!

mibu

Post by mibu »

man, it depends... you can have ground noise in some configurations and sometimes using the gcx buffered input can help (it connects the circuit to the gcx ground). you just have to try...

VeeVeeVee

Post by VeeVeeVee »

Great rig...... I have a couple of questions.

1. What length did you cut the raw Monorail cable to build those jumpers cables of the back of the GCX?
2. What is the brand of the rack enclosure and trays that you are using?
3. When you cut the cables for the pedal trays. Was it just as easy an leaving the tray extended and measuring the cable for the route you chose to snake it up to the GCX?
4. What is the total weight of that rig?

I'm trying use a 6U SKB enclosure since I would like to be able to roll the thing around like a roller board suitcase.

20" Deep 6U Rolling Roto Shock Rack
Category:
Shock Racks
SKU: 3SKB-R06U20W

The only problem with the approach is the when you shift this unit on its side to roll it I need to secure the pedals with some sort of process. Right now I using gorilla tape.

Thanks and again great rig.....

mibu

Post by mibu »

hi VeeVeeVee!

1. the cable lenght for the jumpers is about 8cm.
2. the rack case I got from germany, it’s a chinese custom made one. the rack drawers are also from germany, from adam hall (I suppose they are also chinese made)
3. yes, this is the way of doing it. I first solder the connector that goes in the GCX and then pull the cable thru the rack from the pedal on the drawer to the lateral wall of the rack then to the GCX and add some more just to be sure there won’t be extra tension on the cable. pay attention to the margins of the sides of the drawers - they cut like a knife and will destroy cables that slide along them...
4. sorry, don’t know the weight. it was pretty heavy but this was of no concern to my client - he always has techs that carry it on and off stage.

don’t exactly get what you are saying about securing the pedals. I suppose you use some velcro to fix the pedals on the drawers! if not, you should...
if you mean the drawers sliding out when you shift the rack, the simplest solution (if the drawers don’t have a locking system) is to mount a piece of foam on the inner side of the front cover that closes the rack. this way it will press on the drawers and not let them slide...

VeeVeeVee

Post by VeeVeeVee »

Thanks for the quick response. Must be nice to have your own guitar tech......

Actually since I sent the message to you I went ahead and acquired an SKB Roto molded expansion case with wheels. My plan is to use that for racking everything. So that problem is "solved"

Thanks for the heads-up on the wire management.

mibu

Post by mibu »

you’re welcome, man. just ask if you encounter difficulties...

sitnonair

Post by sitnonair »

Very Nice Setup!

mibu

Post by mibu »

thank you!