Do I need to buy a GCX with the Ground Control pro??

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Lano469

Do I need to buy a GCX with the Ground Control pro??

Post by Lano469 »

Hello,

I'm a little new to switching systems and I have some questions before I purchase. I have a 5150 III 50 Watt and I'm building a small 4 space rack. I'm going to put a power conditioner, TC Electronics G-Major2, Rocktron Hush, and possibly a BBE 382. I have a Boss TU-2 Tuner, a Morely Volume Pedal and a Morely Wah. I want to buy the Ground Control Pro and basically have it control the G-Major 2 and switch my amp channels...basically build patches so I'm just stepping on one button. i also want to have my tuner and two expression pedals on the floor and working when I need them too. Do I need to buy the GCX to do all this or will the GCP be enough??

Thank you for any help and advice I can get.

Lance

JohnClark

Re: Do I need to buy a GCX with the Ground Control pro??

Post by JohnClark »

The Ground Control Pro alone will control the MIDI 5150 III and G-Major 2.

Unless you want to automate bypassing/enabling the Hush and the BBE, you would not need the GCX.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Lano469

Post by Lano469 »

Yes it does!! Thats what I wanted to know!! Thanks!

stacker

Post by stacker »

So exactly how does this worK?
I currently use my GCP/GCX in 10 preset mode to run another rig, and was planning on buying another GCX. What your saying is I don't need to buy another GCX, and I can just hook the GCP up to my 5150 III mini and control the amp and G-Major?
Can I leave the GCP in 10 preset mode and just use a different bank for my 5150 rig?
Could you please walk me through the setup?

Thanks,
Mike

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

stacker wrote:So exactly how does this worK?
I currently use my GCP/GCX in 10 preset mode to run another rig, and was planning on buying another GCX. What your saying is I don't need to buy another GCX, and I can just hook the GCP up to my 5150 III mini and control the amp and G-Major?
Can I leave the GCP in 10 preset mode and just use a different bank for my 5150 rig?
Could you please walk me through the setup?

Thanks,
Mike
If you name the 5150 III and G-Major 2 as devices and assign them each a unique MIDI channel, they will show up within your Ground Control Pro presets.
For each preset intended to control your other rig, set the 5150 III and G-Major 2 Program Change to "--" by entering either 00 or 128 (depending on the "Starts At" number).
For each preset intended to control the 5150 III and G-Major 2, set the other devices' Program Change to "--" by entering either 00 or 128 (depending on the "Starts At" number).

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------