Pedal Power Mondo mount under PT-2 and line up AC holes?

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
GuitarWildman

Pedal Power Mondo mount under PT-2 and line up AC holes?

Post by GuitarWildman »

I have a Pedaltrain-2 and have a Pedal Power 2 mounted underneath, and the AC as well as the courtesy are lined up with the PT-2 holes nicely. I need to power more pedals and keep isolation as well as high current on some pedals.

I've been thinking of replacing the PedalPower 2+ with a Voodoo-Lab Pedal Power Mondo but the only thing holding me back (and I want to buy something as soon as possible) is if I'll have issues mounting Mondo underneath the PT-2 and will it also have the luxury of still having the same holes line up (AC in as well as the courtesy holes) with the PT-2 the way it currently is (very nice)?

Would the Pedal Power Mondo solve my problem by providing more outputs, but cause me brain ache by not mounting underneath PT-2 and/or mounting fine, but not really by maybe not having the AC and courtesy holes line up with the holes the same way the Pedal Power 2 does?

Actually, I'm thinking a better idea may be to buy the ISO-5 and chain it off of the PP-2 courtesy to get the xtra outputs that I need (since I just read that the Mondo courtesy doesn't line up w/ PT-2 derr...). Is chaining the ISO-5 off or the PP-2 courtesy a bad idea? If so, how/why would that be a bad idea? ie will it pull too many amps? Will it kill the ground isolation that I'm trying to achieve? THanks for listening and the input.

JulianShur

Re: Pedal Power Mondo mount under PT-2 and line up AC holes?

Post by JulianShur »

My thinking might be wrong, but the PP2+'s courtesy outlet is 200W max. The ISO-5 runs off off 120V. So P=I*V, 200W/120V=1.66A. I feel like this is a little low for supplying another high-current PS.

I might suggest that you either put in a ISO-5 and then have a power strip in in the pedal train for both power supplies.
Or, just get a Mondo and deal with the misalignment.
I hope that makes sense and helps.
Julian Shur
Pedal Junkie/Amateur Circuit Barber