2 GCP's?

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
tjg8675

2 GCP's?

Post by tjg8675 »

This might be a dumb question but here goes...
Is it possible to use 2 GCP's side by side (both masters?) each in 4 presets mode?
for a total of 8 presets and 16 on/offs

tjg8675

Re: 2 GCP's?

Post by tjg8675 »

bump

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl »

Two masters controlling what?
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

You can mostly do this, but you would still set the first one as Master and the second one as Slave, and program the Instant Access buttons differently on each unit. You will not really get eight presets as that will not work quite right since the Slave does not communicate with the Master.

Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

tjg8675

Post by tjg8675 »

Thanks JohnClark for reply

If I understand correctly each GCP would share the 4 presets and I could have 16 totally different on/offs?

This could work thanks

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

tjg8675 wrote:If I understand correctly each GCP would share the 4 presets and I could have 16 totally different on/offs?
Yes, you are correct.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

bettsaj

Post by bettsaj »

I've often wondered why there wasn't the ability of adding an expansion board to the GCP. Most of the high end midi controllers out there have this facility, from the CAE and the Skrydstrup boards... Was it not considered, or was it considered and thought too expensive or not cost effective. I know sometimes I feel that if I ever expanded to 2 GCX switchers I would feel a sudden lack of instant access buttons and possible preset buttons. Maybe it could be done in the future?
"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around. I'll never be a very fast guitar player."

David Gilmour