GCX Patch Cable Solution

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Wyldechild13

GCX Patch Cable Solution

Post by Wyldechild13 »

Hi guys, brand new to the forum. :D I am building a rig, and at the moment I am just buying all the parts. I will be using the GCX, and all of its loops for pedals. The pedals would be set up in a sliding rack shelf beneath it. I was wondering, what is the best, affordable yet durable, solution for patch cables(running to and from the pedals to the GCX). Thanks!:)
Monster Power Pro 2500
Line 6 Relay G90
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Voodoo Lab GCX
Pedals
- BOSS NS-2
- Ibanez TS-9
- BOSS CE-2
- MXR M-169
- MXR M-169
EVH 5150 III 50w
EVH 5150 III 2x12

nyteowl

Re: GCX Patch Cable Solution

Post by nyteowl »

I've always used George L cables, because I could make custom lengths for each connection. Now like me you may have read countless posts where people say their George L cables are always failing them, but the bottom line is this:

A properly constructed George L cable will last a lifetime.
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

Wyldechild13

Post by Wyldechild13 »

I've actually heard a lot of good things about the George L's. I just wish I didn't have to pay out of my butt to get them lol, and I'm going to need a lot of cables lol.
Monster Power Pro 2500
Line 6 Relay G90
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Voodoo Lab GCX
Pedals
- BOSS NS-2
- Ibanez TS-9
- BOSS CE-2
- MXR M-169
- MXR M-169
EVH 5150 III 50w
EVH 5150 III 2x12

sendep7

Post by sendep7 »

the best part of the george l's if they fail, just unscrew them, cut a bit off the end. and put it back together.

the worst part is how the knurled edge of the caps tear your fingers up when you screw them on. :evil: