PP2/ Line 6 DL4???

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
sonhawk

PP2/ Line 6 DL4???

Post by sonhawk »

Hi,
I have read that the PP2 can power a Line 6 DL4 in outputs 5 or 6 but I'm just wondering why the discrepancy between voodoo lab saying it can power this pedal with 9VDC 250mA yet Line 6's DL4 requirement is a 9VAC 1200mA minimum.

If anyone has the answer, I'd really love to know. I'm hoping this will be the right power supply pedal for my pedal board.

Regards,

Son Hawk

Josh Fiden
Site Admin

Re: PP2/ Line 6 DL4???

Post by Josh Fiden »

Line6 uses a 9VAC 1200mA adapter for the modeling pedals (DL4, MM4, etc) because it is the same adapter they use for POD. Actual current depends on the input voltage, but is approximately 180mA. Remember to use outputs 5 or 6, and set the corresponding DIP switch on the bottom of the Pedal Power 2+ away from the NORMAL position.

This is from Line6 in their Four Button/Stompbox FAQs:

Q: How should I power my Line 6 Pedals?
A: We recommend using the Line 6 DC-1, PX-2 AC Power Supply, or the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power units for powering pedals. The Pedal Power 2 Plus can power up to 6 Tonecore pedals and two Modeling pedals at once, and the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power AC can power up to 4 Modeling pedals. Other power supplies may not deliver consistent voltage and are not supported by Line 6.

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3965

Thanks for posting the question!

Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

mart1977

Post by mart1977 »

Hi there,

I own a PP2 and a DL4 and a DM4 and an array of boss pedals. However I'm having serious power drain noise with the DM4 especially. You know that hum you get when theres not enough power going to your pedals - like a 50-60 hz loud hum that almost takes the pedal over. I'm interested to see the above post that line6 support the PP2 but what are the dipswitch settings on the line 6 ports for me?

regards

Martin

Josh Fiden
Site Admin

Post by Josh Fiden »

mart1977 wrote:Hi there,

I own a PP2 and a DL4 and a DM4 and an array of boss pedals. However I'm having serious power drain noise with the DM4 especially. You know that hum you get when theres not enough power going to your pedals - like a 50-60 hz loud hum that almost takes the pedal over. I'm interested to see the above post that line6 support the PP2 but what are the dipswitch settings on the line 6 ports for me?

regards

Martin
Not sure what you mean by "power drain noise". The DIP switch should be set away from normal on outputs 5 or 6 for Line6 modelers. When these pedals are underpowered, they cycle on and off.

You should start unplugging things and find the simplest configuration where you still hear the hum. That will identify your problem. Is each output powered by a separate PP2+ output?

Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO