2 Sliding Rack Shelves for $50 PPD! Too Good To Be True??

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
nyteowl

Re: 2 Sliding Rack Shelves for $50 PPD! Too Good To Be True?

Post by nyteowl »

That's an excellent price for a 14-U rack, even with $45 shipping to my location in South Florida. Good thing you got the wheel base, though. When a rack weighs in at 60 pounds empty, you know it'll be well over twice that once you start putting gear in it. ;)

Good find on those rack shelves, too.
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

BadEye

Post by BadEye »

nyteowl wrote:That's an excellent price for a 14-U rack, even with $45 shipping to my location in South Florida. Good thing you got the wheel base, though. When a rack weighs in at 60 pounds empty, you know it'll be well over twice that once you start putting gear in it. ;)

Good find on those rack shelves, too.
Right? :D I had been watching that rack auction for a few weeks on EBay. Just as a 'good deal" wish list placeholder, and then BAM.. I get an email from EBay with a price drop alert. It went from $125 down to $80! I couldn't pass. All of thier auctions discounted. It must be thier slow time of year.. dead of winter, not as many tours.

Funny you mention it.. I was actually just thinking about how heavy it's going to be earlier this morning. Not going to be fun hauling up stairs at a couple of the venues here in Detroit that I play that have stairs. Not looking forward to that. But, hey, comes with the territory I guess.

This is my next possible purchase. Not so much a GREAT deal but still discounted from what they would cost from Lava..

https://reverb.com/item/97524-lava-sold ... a-20-cable
Attachments
im8gddtbc9nd1ehozw7n.jpg
im8gddtbc9nd1ehozw7n.jpg (141.98 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
BadEye
Detroit, MI, USA

BadEye

Post by BadEye »

And.. The gorgeous candy red Lava cable is exclusive to the Reverb seller. Soooooo pretty. Ha.
BadEye
Detroit, MI, USA

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl »

I had a 14-U rack once. It was a pain just getting it out of the house and into the SUV, let alone up and down stairs. Even though your rack will have wheels you should invest in a decent hand truck; it'll make life a lot easier, especially when it comes to stairs.
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

BadEye

Post by BadEye »

nyteowl wrote:I had a 14-U rack once. It was a pain just getting it out of the house and into the SUV, let alone up and down stairs. Even though your rack will have wheels you should invest in a decent hand truck; it'll make life a lot easier, especially when it comes to stairs.
Good advice.

I'm actually getting a van and trailer in the spring. That was actually a consdieration when deciding between a dual self-contained switching system pedal board type set-up or rack.

I work from home for my day gig so.. no commute. I have a Fusion that sits in the driveway and doesn't get driven much and that's about to be payed off! A van seems like the way to go for someone in my unique work situation.
BadEye
Detroit, MI, USA

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl »

A van works real well. You can wheel your rack up to the side door until the back bumps up against the van's floor board, grab it by the front wheels, tilt it over on its back, and slide it right in. You get a lot of leverage that way, which makes it easy for one guy to load and unload. You could toss an old piece of carpet down, too, and that'll prevent cosmetic damage to the rack cover.

Be sure to post some pix of your rack after you've got all your gear installed. :D