Voltage doubler and SAG outlets

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
ak47

Voltage doubler and SAG outlets

Post by ak47 »

I have a voltage doubler cable I use with my PP2+ and as I have a drive pedal that operates from 9-18 volts, I am wondering if the voltage doubler will work ok from the two SAG outlets?

This way I can get the 18 volt headroom and if I want to, I can roll back the seperate outlet voltages to taste.

I think it should work in theory but I am unsure if using the voltage doubler from SAG outlets unevenly might cause trouble? I am thinking the overall voltage should be a+b but yeah.. Is it cool to do this and find a voltage sweet spot?

The pedal is a One Control strawberry red overdrive. Thx for your 'feedback' :mrgreen:

JohnClark

Re: Voltage doubler and SAG outlets

Post by JohnClark »

ak47 wrote:I have a voltage doubler cable I use with my PP2+ and as I have a drive pedal that operates from 9-18 volts, I am wondering if the voltage doubler will work ok from the two SAG outlets?

This way I can get the 18 volt headroom and if I want to, I can roll back the seperate outlet voltages to taste.

I think it should work in theory but I am unsure if using the voltage doubler from SAG outlets unevenly might cause trouble? I am thinking the overall voltage should be a+b but yeah.. Is it cool to do this and find a voltage sweet spot?

The pedal is a One Control strawberry red overdrive. Thx for your 'feedback' :mrgreen:

You got it! The "doubler" will simply combine the voltage of the two outputs used. No problem at all to use the two SAG outputs and dial the two voltages around.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

ak47

Re: Voltage doubler and SAG outlets

Post by ak47 »

Awesome! Let the tweaking begin!