VooDoo Labs Amp Selector #3 & #4 no volume

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
waynereed

VooDoo Labs Amp Selector #3 & #4 no volume

Post by waynereed »

I'm having trouble getting #3 & #4 to work. I reset it so you have to turn on/off each pedal because I use different combos
of amps. #1 and #2 work fine. But 3 &4 have almost no volume. If I switch cables around, then AMPs 3 and 4 work fine plugged into 1 & 2, but then AMPs 1 and 2 (now plugged into 3 & 4) have almost no volume. Volume is so low, I have to crank the amp way up to get playable, but not gig-able volume. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I read the manual a couple times. No idea. Thanks!

nyteowl

Re: VooDoo Labs Amp Selector #3 & #4 no volume

Post by nyteowl »

waynereed wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:29 pm
I'm having trouble getting #3 & #4 to work. I reset it so you have to turn on/off each pedal because I use different combos
of amps. #1 and #2 work fine. But 3 &4 have almost no volume. If I switch cables around, then AMPs 3 and 4 work fine plugged into 1 & 2, but then AMPs 1 and 2 (now plugged into 3 & 4) have almost no volume. Volume is so low, I have to crank the amp way up to get playable, but not gig-able volume. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I read the manual a couple times. No idea. Thanks!
Welcome to the board.

Have you verified it's not a cable issue?

If I understand what you wrote correctly, you first had Amps 1 & 2 working fine but Amps 3 & 4 had little to no volume, but when you swap out your cables Amps 3 & 4 work fine while 1 & 2 have little or no volume. You might try using different cables, but I would also look into how you've got the unit configured, as you may have inadvertently configured Amps 1 & 2 - or Amps 3 & 4 - as an Exclusive Group.

Hope this helps.

For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.