Can Any Kind Soul Make me a Diagram

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
JohnClark

Re: Can Any Kind Soul Make me a Diagram

Post by JohnClark »

Oops, sorry I missed this one!

I think I'd probably start with a volume pedal after the Alembic preamp output. If its a stereo volume pedal maybe right before the inputs to the loops for the Nova Delay. Either way, it will do better volume swells after the preamp but it will still let the delay repeats come thru.

If you want it to capture everything then run it right before the inputs to the power amp sections.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Geoff101

Post by Geoff101 »

Is it best to use the guitar in on the front of the second GCX for the buffer or does it not matter?

Marlboro05

Post by Marlboro05 »

Hi there, you are using the GCX 1 buffer for your pre preamp effects, so if you want to use the buffer for the post preamp effects, that’s up to you. Put it in and out of your signal path to see what it sounds like and which one you like more.
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.

Geoff101

Post by Geoff101 »

So I'm running 2 GCX's

I use the "Guitar In" on the front of the first GCX then out the back into loop 1 then i have several effects. Then I use the "out" of input 8 into the "In" of the second GCX loop 1. (but im not sure if i should plug the gcx 1 into the guitar in buffer of the second gcx) Then i go into one more effect then into the Preamp then back into a split cable to create a stereo Signal

Marlboro05

Post by Marlboro05 »

Yes, if you are going to use the buffer, you need to go to the guitar in on the second GCX. So go from your GCX 1 to rear guitar thru, little loop cable, then out the guitar out on the rear.
I’d only use it if you have to. If it makes it sound better after you put it in the circuit. You are already using 1 buffer to drive it. I’d use the second one, if you have post effects, in the loop of the amp
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.