Ground Control Pro acting up...

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
johnnyg88

Ground Control Pro acting up...

Post by johnnyg88 »

Hey there,

My 5+ year old DMC Ground Control Pro is acting up. I have it setup with my GCX for instant access. All the switches are set for latching, but some of them will randomly act like they're set to momentary. When I click a button to switch in a pedal from my GCX, it'll light up and give me the new sound for as long as I'm holding the button and then deactivate. A few presses later it'll finally latch on.

Also, some of the buttons don't react at all, most notably some of the 4 preset buttons in the bottom row. It'll be the big 3 button in the bottom row for a while, and then the big 2 button in the bottom row for a while. Lately it's been mostly 2. However, it's most certainly not just the bottom row buttons, as some of the instant access buttons randomly stop working as well (lately it's been IA #1 and #5).

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks

jg

JohnClark

Re: Ground Control Pro acting up...

Post by JohnClark »

That is fairly strange. Is there anything rattling around inside the Ground Control Pro if you pick it up and shake it? Do you know what version software you are running?
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

johnnyg88

Post by johnnyg88 »

Some of the buttons have fallen inside before and this happens often enough that I only leave the screw on the top of the Ground Control Pro on, the bottom ones I leave out so that I don't have to remove the GCP from my pedalboard everytime I want to fix the buttons. That and they weren't letting the velcro on my pedalboard to attach to the velcro on the GCP.

I haven't updated any software since I bought it in '05-ish, and even then it was second hand.

Is there some kind of reset I can perform? Maybe that will help...

Thanks

jg

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

There is a reset for the software, however if the underlying problem is that you have continual mechanical failure, I think this will not really help much. The re-initialization procedure can be found in the Utility section under Setup Mode in the Ground Control Pro manual.

Give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com if you would like to discuss your repair options in order to put this unit back to how is should be.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------