Dual Rect Switching Question

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
kjason

Dual Rect Switching Question

Post by kjason »

I am working on my rig now and attached is the worksheet. I think I've got everything hooked up right, but would like some feedback/thoughts.

Pic on flikr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/grapestree ... 303803054/

It's a very simple set-up. Guitar, wireless, constant very lite Boss chorus, Cry Baby Wah. A Korg rack tuner, a pedal tray with three stomps, and a G Major that i basically just run for compression. From there, it's to the channel switching on the Dual Rect.

QUESTION: If I run Channels 2, 3, and Solo, but not Channel 1 through the GCX, does that make Channel 1 the default and will play unless the other Channels are selected?

I hope so, or I'll have to give up a loop.

Thanks for your help!
Kyle

toolshed

Re: Dual Rect Switching Question

Post by toolshed »

With channels two and three off on the gcp then channel one should be on

espboogie123

Post by espboogie123 »

Actually I think it will just default to no channel on. None of the leds will be lit up. In order to have channel one be default, then the channel selection switch on back would need to be on channel 1 instead of ftsw. Then, when neither 2 or 3 is active, it will default to ch 1.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

If you want to control the three channels with only two GCX loops, you will connect to only the Channel 1 and Channel 3 External Switching jacks on the back of the amp. Channel 2 is the default channel when nothing is selected and I do not think there is a way to change this... the External Switching jacks override any other settings on the amp.

I hope this helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

kjason

Post by kjason »

Awesome. Thanks - that just saved me a whole lot of time. :) So, I would still run a line for the Solo Channel as well correct?