Noob MIDI question from an old guy / GCP and GCX

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Hazar

Noob MIDI question from an old guy / GCP and GCX

Post by Hazar »

I am new to the MIDI stuff.......been avoiding it for years because it seems so complex. I ordered a GCP and a GCX a few days ago to control my rig. I have been running 2 MIDI preamps and various MIDI rack mounted effects in stereo with 2 stereo power amps into 4 4x12 cabs. Can I set the GCP to control both preamps to change from Distorted to Clean and back with the click of one button on the GCP? Would it be possible to only change 1 preamp and leave the other alone. I have many questions but this is my biggest concern.........switching both preamps from distorted to clean with one button.

Thanks for any help........

Hazar

Re: Noob MIDI question from an old guy / GCP and GCX

Post by Hazar »

Never mind guys. I assume I can do it within a "bank" on the GCP. I have reread the manual 100 times but really need the thing here to fully understand what it is capable of.

Thanks

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

A Ground Control Pro preset can send up to eight unique Program Change messages. This means that you can recall any patch on up to eight devices without having to map all your patches within each device. The Assigning MIDI Program Changes section of the Ground Control Pro manual under Edit Preset explains how to assign the Program Changes that will be sent to each MIDI device in the system as well as how to assign a "blank" so nothing is sent to specific devices.

Let us know if you run into any trouble once you get this stuff set up.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Hazar

Post by Hazar »

Thank You John!