Programming Ground Control -- HELP!

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
bufordt9

Programming Ground Control -- HELP!

Post by bufordt9 »

Hello all,

I am using a GC and 3 GCX switchers.

Two Issues:

1.) Am I able to change the 4 presets on the bottom when using the 4 Presets/Easy Access Mode to different presets??

2.) Since I am using so many loops, is there a way to change what loops I am using on my 8 easy access settings? For example is there a bank feature that I can scroll through to change the 8?

Thanks in advance!!

Josh Fiden
Site Admin

Re: Programming Ground Control -- HELP!

Post by Josh Fiden »

You can create presets which set all 24 loops on the GCX switchers. If you are setup as 4 presets/bank, then you have the other 8 buttons for instant access. You can assign each instant access to any of the 24 GCX loops.

In general, having instant access buttons which change their function with different presets or banks is very confusing to use. Most players will label the instant access buttons with their function. However, we are considering options to expand the number of instant access buttons available and will have some solution for a future release.

Regards,

Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

bufordt9

Post by bufordt9 »

So, I am limited to just 4 presets no matter what? When using easy access mode.

For example:

Say I have a 10 song set-list.
I have 4 different presets for each song.
Can I make more than 4 presets on the bottom row? By switching the bank or something? If not, how do I do that?

Josh Fiden
Site Admin

Post by Josh Fiden »

You get 4 presets on each bank. There are 36 banks. You can set up each song on its own bank. That's a very organized way to do it.

Regards,
Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

Spawn-X

Post by Spawn-X »

Plus one Global Preset for the most recent firmwares versions.
Sorry for my bad English. I'm just a poor lonesome froguitarist...

So, feel free to correct me if I mistake...