2290(series) and G-Force(parallel) help?

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Ted82

2290(series) and G-Force(parallel) help?

Post by Ted82 »

I'm ashamed I can't figure this out on my own, but the 2290 having only a single Input is really messing with me. Just to make my signal path as simple as possible right now I'm going to leave out everything else.

If I go.....Guitar--->Triaxis--->System Mix 1 in 1--->Passive Split--->GCX IN--->GCX Send--->G-Force IN--->G-Force Outs--->Mix 2 in 3--->

Mix 2 Outs--->Mesa 2:90. All is well. I get my nice dry signal, and the G-Force is in parallel when I activate the loop. How do I get the 2290

in the signal path (series) while keeping it stereo? I want the dry signal to be affected by the 2290, but in a loop so it's switchable.

Ted82

Re: 2290(series) and G-Force(parallel) help?

Post by Ted82 »

Ok.....I figured it out. What sucks though is the 2290 can't be triggered by one step of the switch. I need to tap dance 2 loops to get the Left plus right going. It would be awesome if there was some feature that allowed me to step on an instant access switch that turns on another with it. I put the G-Force in loop 6 and the 2290 is in 7 and 8. Why can't stepping on 7 turn on 8 for me at the same time dammit...lol??

Is there any way around not having to use 2 loops for this application?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

I think I need to understand some of the why of this setup first. I am a little unclear why you would specifically want to run your delay in series or why you want it to affect only the dry signal and not the mixed signal that would include the G-Force effects. Are you wanting the 2290 on the dry signal to kill the dry signal for some patches, or perhaps cause something it does to the signal? Is it necessary that the 2290 be in a true bypass loop rather than relying on the 2290s internal bypass that is MIDI controllable? Are you using the G-Force mainly for delays and reverbs or will you want to use some of the other effects like Pan+Trem, Pitch, Chorus, and Gate?
Where did you end up routing the 2290 anyway once you found the solution... between Mix 1 Out and Mix 2 In 1 (left and right) -or- did you place the 2290 after the Mix 2 Outs?

It is true that an Instant Access button on the Ground Control Pro (I assume this is what you are using for a controller?) will perform a single function, however presets can control any number of loops at once. Is this really something that you will pop on and off at a will?
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Ted82

Post by Ted82 »

Hey John,

I want to run the 2290 series so I can use its tremolo, chorus, pan. Yes, I connected it in between Mix 1 outs and mix 2 in 1. If I use the 2290's internal bypass that is midi controllable, how would I be able to switch it in and out like an instant access switch?

I'm using the G-Force for delays, reverbs, and pitch. I never liked it in series, but love it in parallel. Basically wanted the best of both worlds. There is always a time for a delay in series and for a delay in parallel. Since the 2290 can't do dual delay like the G-Force, this is another reason I'm doing it this way.