Running Ableton Live 8 w/ GCP (using Mac OS X!!)

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Permmission

Running Ableton Live 8 w/ GCP (using Mac OS X!!)

Post by Permmission »

Hey everyone. Someone else on this forum "was" having the same issue that I am...it wasn't resolved however. Any of the buttons that I use to assign with using the midi map function on ableton live 8 simply labels itself as "pitchbend" in the midi mappings menu. I can't get any of the buttons to do anything. I essentially want to do what kid beyond does however I am using a macbook pro with mac os x vs. a pc. I don't really want to spend $80 on bome (os x version) if I don't have to....and does that program even solve this issue? What is the issue of my problem here? What's wrong? I have no idea....except for maybe I need some kind of midi translating program to connect the languages of ableton and the GCP. Anyone who has even a slight guess please let me know...thanks!!1

Jesse

James Santiago

Re: Running Ableton Live 8 w/ GCP (using Mac OS X!!)

Post by James Santiago »

I've been looking at this stuff for a while. Unfortunately, to do what Kid does, you'll really need to use Bome's Midi Translator application. From what I saw, he does multiple keystrokes that are triggered from a single footswitch. Unless the latest version of LIVE allows you to map that, Bome seems to be the only option.
James Santiago
Vice President - Voodoo Lab