If Reverse Polarity Means Positive Center then say that?

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
emergere

If Reverse Polarity Means Positive Center then say that?

Post by emergere »

I've always been a little electronic phobic despite my many attempts to grasp the nature of it. Kind Even after I built a few projects I still don't get the basics like series parallel. So it should be clear. It would be clear if I could figure it out but I can't. Please make it simpler to understand.

Does anyone know which cable I want to get to power a Radial Tonebone trimode with 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive with my pp2+. I am guessing it is one of these to narrow it down: ppy, ppeh24, diamond pp2+ 18v for memory lane?

Josh Fiden
Site Admin

Re: If Reverse Polarity Means Positive Center then say that?

Post by Josh Fiden »

emergere wrote:Does anyone know which cable I want to get to power a Radial Tonebone trimode with 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive with my pp2+. I am guessing it is one of these to narrow it down: ppy, ppeh24, diamond pp2+ 18v for memory lane?
There is no 15V output from the PP2+. For that, you'll have to wait until Pedal Power Versa is released.

A reverse polarity cable means that it is cross-wired so that it reverses the polarity. The PP2+ outputs are specified as center negative, so connecting them with a reverse polarity cable results in center positive.

Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

emergere

Post by emergere »

Thank for letting me know. Any idea when the Versa will start shipping? The buzz is starting to hum.
http://www.spectrumaudio.com/voodoo-lab ... versa.html

TheEnemyWithin

Post by TheEnemyWithin »

Josh Fiden wrote:
emergere wrote:Does anyone know which cable I want to get to power a Radial Tonebone trimode with 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive with my pp2+. I am guessing it is one of these to narrow it down: ppy, ppeh24, diamond pp2+ 18v for memory lane?
There is no 15V output from the PP2+. For that, you'll have to wait until Pedal Power Versa is released.

A reverse polarity cable means that it is cross-wired so that it reverses the polarity. The PP2+ outputs are specified as center negative, so connecting them with a reverse polarity cable results in center positive.

Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO
With the PP2+, could you use the PPY cable with one connector plugged into a 9V output and the other into a SAG output set to 6V? Yeah, you'd need a voltmeter to make sure it was set to 6V, and it'd be a little risky should the knob ever be inadvertently turned up, but could that work?